Strawberries are delicious. Strawberries mixed with cream cheese, yogurt, a little sweetener and vanilla are incredibly delicious. Especially when you’re dipping strawberries into that strawberry dip. Yum x 1000!
This cheesecake dip is perfect for parties (hey Superbowl, I hear you’re happening soon) or to surprise your loved one with it’s simple elegance (Valentine’s Day, is that you?). The best part is you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen. This dip is so easy to throw together; it’s literally ready in minutes. And you can buy pretzels, pre-cut fruit, vegan marshmallows, cookies, or whatever you want, to serve with it, making it even simpler. It’s the ultimate no fuss dessert dip.
Freeze dried strawberries are what give this dessert it’s amazing color and flavor. Freeze dried is very different from just dried or dehydrated, as the berries have no moisture at all and when you crush them, they turn into a fine powder. Freeze dried fruits are great to add to dips and frosting because in these applications, additional moisture can really effect the final consistency. I get my freeze dried fruit at Trader Joe’s, but I’ve also seen them at Ocean State Job Lot for a very reasonable price. They can be found at other high end grocery stores for quite a pretty penny, but if you have a TJ’s or OSJL near you, those would be better places to look.
- 1 8oz package vegan cream cheese (I recommend Tofutti), room temperature
- 6oz non-dairy plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons powdered freeze dried strawberries*
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- In a large bowl, beat all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- I recommend tasting it without the powdered sugar and then if you like it sweeter, add 1 tablespoon at a time until it is the sweetness you prefer.
Shared on Healthy Vegan Fridays.