I’ve just discovered vegan sour cream from Follow Your Heart and I have to say I’m pretty impressed. I had it on a baked potato the other day – the ultimate test and it passed easily. And now in this muffin recipe, and again, it really makes all the difference in taste and texture. Yum Yum!
This muffin recipe is packed with apple-ness with fresh diced apples and applesauce. A great start to the morning and perfect with a cup of coffee!
- 1 cup non-dairy sour cream
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup aquafaba
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup peeled and diced apples
- 3 tablespoons cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the non-dairy sour cream, sugar, applesauce, aquafaba, vanilla and non-dairy milk.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and nutmeg. Mix until all combined.
- Fold in apples.
- Fill muffin tins.
- Mix the topping ingredients and then sprinkle over tops of muffins.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.